Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Journal's Story

The story behind my journal, how, where, why I chose it is a simple story. Nonetheless it is an epic narrative. It goes like this:
For some odd reason, my whole life I had a fascination infatuation with school/office supplies; especially 1 subject wired notebooks. For as long as I can remember the elation I felt while school supply shopping was equivalent to the ecstasy a child would feel while opening presents on Christmas day or blowing out candles on his or her birthday.
As if it were fate I ended up working at Staples, “The Office Supply Superstore,” in an attempt to raise money for my study abroad trip to Berlin, Germany. With no exaggeration I would sometimes sneak off into the Office Supply (OS) section of the store, walk down all the aisles and take notes of supplies I would probably need to purchase for the following school year. I would even write down the prices, calculate the total, and also calculate the amount of hours I would need to work in order to have enough money to purchase the supplies.
On the Business Machine (BM) side of the store, the side I worked on as a technician and technology associate, I would jot down model numbers of the printers, scanners, and laptops I would use as an entrepreneur and consultant in the future. In fact, I once even studied all accouting software in order to find the software that would best suite a profession I would not enter for about 5-10 years.
A little creepy? I know. But it made life just a tad bit more bearable, and as we all know we have to find these small things otherwise life would be pretty much pointless. Anyways enough rambling; lets get back to the story.
As I mentioned in the first sentence of the story my most beloved school supply was a 1 subject wired notebook. About 1 week before I departed on my quest to explore the world beginning with Berlin, I was assigned the task of tagging sale items on the OS section of the store. As if it were god answering my prayers the price of 1 subject wired notebooks dropped to an astonishing $ 0.33 from $1.30.
Next thing I knew I was walking out with about 24 notebooks, in all colors. Till this day I am in disbelief. So I bought my journal, a purple 1 subject wired notebook, from Staples, my employer, for $0.33 cents.
It turns out the notebooks will be on sale till September 4th.

No comments:

Post a Comment