Thursday, May 28, 2009

Edge of Heaven

Edge of Heaven is definetly one of the best movies I have ever watched. What I liked most about it is how real it is. Nowadays when we think about movies and stories, we think of fairy tale endings.

One thing that I could never really understand is why movies never seem to be real, even though they are sometimes based on true events. The only reason I could come up with is because movies and in other forms of art we are able to control the outcome, we create a world in which we did live in.

I also liked how in your face the movie was. Nowadays we seem to find movies which are either too conservative or too out there. The In your face, this is really how it is, really stood out to me. I actually believed in what I was watching for the first time.

At the end of the movie I made a comment; I said "are you serious what a horrible ending," and I think it was julie who said "this is real life." It was real life.

No comments:

Post a Comment